Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Note: I'm not offended by you calling me educated.

I am something of a political activist on Facebook.  I tend to express my opinions on issues when I feel so compelled.  For some reason, people get their panties in a wad about this.  I try my best to be polite and not snarky but in response (if people have to balls to respond) people try to insult me by accusing me of thinking I am smarter than them.  Still others go and post statuses about me (on the downlow) in attempts to belittle me!  Two in particular that I find the most amusing - one girl called me "overeducated" and one lamented that I think I know everything because I am virtually a "professional student."  Since when is the pursuit of educational attainment a bad thing?  And does it not come with the territory that I should be intelligent since I have a lot of university training?  I mean, should I have gotten dumber?  Someone else insinuated that I was a moron who was indoctrinating students.  All because I have an opinion that I voice based on facts that I have researched.  This is nothing revolutionary or radical.  Okay, I'm sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment