Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Boy Pants.

I've never been one to try and "train" Brayden to do anything.  I have kind of let him do things naturally.  I never pressured him to use the toilet, I just continued to patiently wash his cloth diapers until he was ready to wear underwear.  Well, a couple weeks ago, he finally decided he was ready to shed the diaper and transition to what he calls "boy pants."  I had already set the wheels in motion, buying him a potty and underwear several months ago. 

This is the potty we bought him.  I like it because it looks like a whimsical version of a real toilet and it is easy to dispose of the um, gifts, he leaves behind.  You can also take the seat off and it fits nicely into the adult toilet.  Very convenient.  It is kind of cute because it sings when the child potties, as a reward for using the bathroom.  Then it gets annoying when it randomly sings in the middle of the night even when it isn't in use.  That's my one complaint.

He never seemed interested until just recently.  It didn't require rewards or punishments.  He just decided he didn't want to wear diapers anymore.  My baby is growing up!  I really won't miss washing the diapers.   I can't say it will save me a lot of money because we don't use disposables.  I did go and buy some more "boy pants" with his favorite Cars characters on them.  His favorites have "Queen" and "Chesco Nuli" (Francesco Bernouli).  How cute does he look in these?


I also bought him some boxers, which he refers to as "Bubba pants" since Jacob wears boxers so prominently.  Check this out:



Way too cute.  He refuses to wear diapers, even when its time for bed.  I have to sneak a diaper on him after he falls asleep.  He has had some accidents along the way, especially in the beginning, but those have decreased as he had gotten used to not wearing diapers.  He also likes to pee off my front porch which we are discouraging.  My neighbors probably think we are so redneck, not that they ever step foot outside their house.

Anyway, I said all that to say this - Be Patient!  Kids will potty train when they are ready.





No comments:

Post a Comment