Saturday, June 25, 2011

College in Perpetuity

I really think I am addicted to college.  Maybe it has something to do with me quitting high school.  Maybe I am here to prove that being a teen mom (times two) wouldn't stop me.  Maybe I want my kids to have a mom they can be proud of.  Maybe I want to make sure that I can afford to travel the world in my RV when I'm older.  (I have A LOT of places on my bucket list.)

Regarless of the reason, I have decided to pursue a SECOND Master's degree.  The first go 'round, I decided to get what I consider a real Master's...you know, the kind with a thesis and 25 page papers in every class.  Where paying tuition and showing up everyday doesn't guarantee you a Master's degree in a couple years. 

Since I went for the rigor on the first one, this time I am doing one that is a little more laid back...I hope.  I found out two days ago that I was accepted into VSU's Master of Education in Instructional Technology (Technology Applications) program.  Whew.  That's a long one!

I really would rather be starting a higher degree (a doctorate!) but I missed the deadline.  Additionally, I haven't decided which doctorate I want yet...whether it's the [easy] route with an Ed.D. or a [real] one - the Ph.D.  So I am giving myself until near to the application deadline to make that decision.  I will start that adventure in Fall 2012.

So here's to my new pursuit - a second Master's degree that will be completely unlike the last one - a sprint instead of a marathon.  I'm kind of hoping that I can knock it out in a year, which is completely and utterly crazy, but I can't stay out of school for a whole year.  I would go insane.  Then again, I will go insane trying to do this degree in a year... Okay I'm rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment