Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Strawberry Hamburger, for lack of a better word.

I recently attended a bridal shower for a friend of mine who happens to be the person that introduced me and my husband.  The hostess had a cake that was so simple and delicious that I had to recreate it.  I decided that this little gem would be perfect on those days when I needed to make a quick dessert for a party/shower/gathering that would be sure to impress.

I really don't know what to call it but visually it resembles a hamburger of sorts.  Here's how:

Step 1:  Purchase ingredients.

The ingredient list is quite simple. 

1. Storemade pound cake.  I used Paula Deen's Sour Cream Pound cake but there are other equally delicious varieties.  WalMart often has these cakes in the "Oops! We baked to much!" clearance section.

2.  Two cartons of fresh strawberries.

3.  Cool whip.  The small container will suffice.  This big tub was WAYYY too much.


Step 2:  Dice up the strawberries into bite size pieces.


Step 3:  Mix cool whip into strawberries.  You now have your "meat."


Step 4: Slice the pound cake in half. You now have your "bun."


Step 5:  Spread stawberry/cool whip mixture onto bottom "bun."


Step 6:  Put the top "bun" back on and put remainder of strawberry mixture in the center.



Step 7:  Slice and enjoy!

1 comment: